Assignment 2: Required Assignment 2—The Affordable Care Act—Financial and Ethical Considerations
In this assignment, you will analyze the Affordable Care Act (ACA), comparing and contrasting several different scenarios and analyzing how the ACA influences financial decision making and ethical considerations for healthcare insurance coverage.
President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law on March 23, 2010 (White House, 2013). Since its inception, the debate has continued about the pros and cons of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
For this assignment, you will research the ACA from several different perspectives. You are to compare the ACA relative to the following scenarios:
- A 45-year-old morbidly obese person with a Body Mass Index (BMI) ≥ 30 is seeking bariatric surgery for weight loss with an anticipated cost of $15,000 to $35,000 depending upon the region of the U.S. The individual has not tried other measures such as a weight-loss program or exercise.
- An employer that is considered a small business with 49 full-time employees is seeking to hire 5 more employees in the next year. The employer currently does not offer health insurance for employees, but does provide a stipend of $200 a month for each employee.
- A college-graduate young adult is currently 25 years of age and will turn 26 in two months. The young adult is employed part-time but is seeking full-time employment.
- Analyze the aspects of the Affordable Care Act that are
applicable to each of the aforementioned individuals relative to
- What are the potential benefits of the ACA?
- What is the potential negative impact of the ACA?
- What, if any, ethical considerations might there be for any of the three scenarios?
- Identify at least three websites where consumers can learn more about the ACA. Provide a short synopsis about each explaining your choice and the benefit of the information to consumers.
Write a 6–8-page paper in Word format (excluding the title page and reference page). Use at least 5–7 scholarly sources in your research. Your paper should be clear, concise, and organized; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Do you need a similar assignment
done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you.
We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism.
Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post the affordable care act financial and ethical considerations appeared first on Top Premier Essays.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.