Primary Task Response:Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Examine the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) policy development, interaction with the public, and use of technology for the protection of transportation systems against terrorist attacks. Then, discuss the following:
- Use Web resources, including government audits, think-tank reports, academic publications, current news, and social media to assess the effectiveness of the TSA’s interaction with the public.
- Identify key issues that impact the interactions, and provide insights and recommendations based on your research and the assigned readings.
- Focus on the efforts of the TSA to leverage technology to protect the transportation sector and minimize the impact on the users, while trying to achieve a balance between security and the expedited movement of goods and people.
You are expected to research current policies, strategies, and publications on the subject to analyze the effectiveness of TSA efforts to use technology to protect the transportation infrastructure. After completing the appropriate research, answer the following questions:
- Is the TSA effective? Why?
- How could the TSA improve its interaction with the public, and minimize the number of security incidents at airports?
- How effective are the TSA technology programs in adapting to the security environment and threats?
Responses to Other Students:Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.