Strategic fit of the firm assessment on procter & gamble (p&g) –
Click Assignment Introduction – Unit 3to launch the audio presentation from Terri Bell, a vice president of strategy. This presentation will describe details and offer suggestions for success with this assignment.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Analyze the strategic elements of organizations and their
external environments, applying theories and models of strategy.
- Analyze inconsistencies between a firm’s strategy and its goals.
- Critically evaluate information from core business functions
and the value chain to enhance knowledge of organizational
strategic position and direction.
- Evaluate how a firm leverages its resources and capabilities to execute the business strategy.
- Evaluate how the firm’s structure and systems support its capabilities.
- Create a comprehensive organizational strategy assessment.
- Analyze concerns or opportunities regarding ethical dilemmas.
- Analyze strategic fit issues between the firm’s capabilities, organizational structure, and management systems.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
Assignment Description and Instructions
Write a detailed report of your analytical findings and strategic issues from your analysis of the firm to the vice president of strategy. Explain that this analysis focuses on the three strategic elements of the firm and the concerns or opportunities about how the strategic elements fit the strategic frame. Note, henceforth the concerns and opportunities are to be referred to as strategic issues, and be managed toward and integrated with the Comprehensive Organizational Strategic Analysis.
- Analyze and synthesize inconsistencies between the firm’s strategy and its goals. Does the strategy establish a direction and set aspirations that motivate and inspire the members of the organization to achieve its goals?
- Evaluate how the firm leverages its resources and capability to execute the business strategy. Can existing resources support a larger volume of business? Are the firm’s capabilities found in its functions or the value chain, or both? Referring to table 3.6, are the firm’s capabilities allocated to establish and sustain competitive advantage? Does the strategy give coherence to decisions about allocation of resources?
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organizational structure and management system design, and its ability to support the key resources and capabilities that execute the business strategy. Is the organizational structure suited for the particular tasks and particular business environment of the firm?
- Articulate concerns or opportunities regarding shareholders and stakeholders, distribution of excess profits, or other ethical dilemmas. Does the strategy consistently balance stockholders and stakeholder interests?
- Articulate concerns or opportunities about the strategic fit between the firm’s capabilities, organizational structure, and management systems.
- Compose a preliminary strategic fit report on the firm and its internal environment and how strategies are applied to product lines or market segments.
- Submit your report in a business format, adhering to the submission requirements below.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: 2–3 double-spaced, typed pages.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th ed.) style and formatting. Minimum of two sources required.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.